The Linde Group is known as one of the world leaders in gases, engineering and healthcare. We operate in more than 100 countries across the globe and generated revenue of 17.9 billion euro in 2015. But what makes us great is our people because they make great things happen. Linde employees take pride in what they do because they know it makes a real difference to our customers. They are empowered to turn a challenge into an opportunity to learn and grow. This is how they take the lead, every day.
Linde is currently seeking a Cylinder Prepper/Loader to join the team in the Alabaster, Alabama area.
▪ Clearly understands and follows ALL Linde Safety Policies including but not limited to proper PPE, proper lifting techniques, and local site safety requirements.
▪ Has understanding of basic GMP's and Quality Control concepts and practices.
▪ Count all incoming cylinders.
▪ Load/unload trucks on a daily basis.
▪ Pull cylinders and verify lot numbers as required.
▪ Examine returned cylinders for surface defects such as dents, cracks, or burns and transports cylinders to designated work area. ▪ Follows Linde procedures for safe handling, storing, securing and proper nesting of cylinders.
▪ Ability to recognize and detect test and defective cylinders and properly separate them from production in identified quarantine areas.
▪ Understands and inspects fill manifold for proper operation prior to filling or connecting cylinder.
▪ Understands the need to bring up issues with local management if system is not functioning properly or if there are questions surrounding the operation.
▪ Reviews and documents proper thermometer, gauge and analytical equipment calibrations and ensures all equipment is properly calibrated and within established guidelines for frequency.
▪ Remove any and all old labels and clean cylinders using approved cleaning solution.
▪ Safely operate a forklift to load and unload trucks and gather stock from the warehouse.
▪ Receive all goods according to standard written procedures; recording all incoming shipments, checking shipments against purchase orders and verifying contents of shipments against packing slips.
▪ Inspect valves for correct CGA connection and pressure relief device.
▪ Connect cylinders to manifold, opens valves to draw off residual gas and evacuate cylinders.
▪ Inspect cylinder labels to assure they are legible, compliant with current federal requirements and correct for the service intended; replace if damaged or inappropriate
▪ Fill cylinders in accordance with specific guidelines whether by pressure or weight, as appropriate. Weigh cylinders filled with liquid products on platform scale and record weight.
▪ Test cylinders for leaks by brushing or spraying chemical solution around valve. Record all necessary documentation and set a cylinder aside for settled pressure checks.
▪ Operate and safely maintain equipment for pumping or repackaging gases into cylinders. ▪ Perform all required pre-fill and post-fill inspections and tests before cylinders are released.
▪ Ensure cylinders are adequately maintained. Cylinders requiring maintenance or repair are removed from service until corrected. ▪ Regularly inspect and maintain pumping apparatus and associated monitoring devices.
▪ Ensure cylinder filling records are accurately maintained and that all required procedures are followed in accordance with local, state and federal regulations.
▪ Safely operate a forklift and hand truck.
▪ Maintain a neat, clean and orderly plant appearance.
▪ Perform mathematical calculations as necessary.
▪ Perform other duties as assigned.
▪ High School Diploma or GED
▪ Good written and Customer Service skills
▪ Good communication skills and ability to interface with co-workers
▪ Must have basic computer ability
▪ Motivation and high energy
▪ Formal forklift training/experience preferred
▪ Ability to read and understand DOT and FDA required paperwork
▪ Ability to work independently and under some pressure to meet deadlines
▪ Flexibility to meet changing customer demands
▪ Demonstrates a clear and effective speaking manner for the purpose of conveying information
▪ Experience in a manufacturing or logistics environment preferred
Linde offers excellent salaries, world-class benefits, and unparalleled opportunities for development – all to create an invigorating and satisfying environment.
Join a World Leading Team Today!
Linde is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Company provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran or disabled status or any legally recognized status entitled to protection under applicable federal, state, or local laws.