The Linde Group is known as one of the world leaders in gases, engineering and healthcare. We operate in more than 100 countries across the globe and generated revenue of 17.9 billion euro in 2015. But what makes us great is our people because they make great things happen. Linde employees take pride in what they do because they know it makes a real difference to our customers. They are empowered to turn a challenge into an opportunity to learn and grow. This is how they take the lead, every day.
Linde is currently seeking a Cylinder Filler to join the team in the Greenville, South Carolina area.
▪ Clearly understands and follows ALL Linde Safety Policies including but not limited to proper PPE, proper lifting techniques, and local site safety requirements.
▪ Has understanding of basic GMP's and Quality Control concepts and practices.
▪ Count all incoming cylinders.
▪ Load/unload trucks on a daily basis.
▪ Pull cylinders and verify lot numbers as required.
▪ Examine returned cylinders for surface defects such as dents, cracks, or burns and transports cylinders to designated work area.
▪ Ability to recognize and detect test and defective cylinders and properly separate them from production in identified quarantine areas.
▪ Remove any and all old labels and clean cylinders using approved cleaning solution.
▪ Safely operate a forklift to load and unload trucks and gather stock from the warehouse.
▪ Follows Linde procedures for safe handling, storing, securing and proper nesting of cylinders.
▪ Receive all goods according to standard written procedures; documenting all incoming shipments, checking shipments against purchase orders and verifying contents of shipments against packing slips in accordance with Linde procedures.
▪ Inspect valves for correct CGA connection and pressure relief device.
▪ Connect cylinders to manifold, open valves to draw off residual gas and evacuate cylinders.
▪ Understands and inspects fill manifold for proper operation prior to filling or connecting cylinder.
▪ Understands the need to bring up issues with local management if system is not functioning properly or if there are questions surrounding the operation.
▪ Reviews and documents proper thermometer, gauge and analytical equipment calibrations and ensures all equipment is properly calibrated and within established guidelines for frequency.
▪ Inspect cylinder labels to assure they are legible, compliant with current federal requirements and correct for the service intended; replace if damaged or inappropriate.
▪ Fill cylinders in accordance with specific guidelines whether by pressure or weight, as appropriate. Weigh cylinders filled with liquid products on platform scale and record
▪ Test cylinders for leaks by brushing or spraying chemical solution around valve. Record all necessary documentation and set a cylinder aside for settled pressure checks.
▪ Operate and safely maintain equipment for pumping or repackaging gases into cylinders.
▪ Perform all required pre-fill and post-fill inspections and tests before cylinders are released.
▪ Ensure cylinders are adequately maintained. Cylinders requiring maintenance or repair are removed from service until corrected.
▪ Regularly inspect and maintain pumping apparatus and associated monitoring devices.
▪ Ensure cylinder filling records are accurately maintained and that all required procedures are followed in accordance with local, state and federal regulations.
▪ Safely operate a forklift and hand truck.
▪ Maintain a neat, clean and orderly plant appearance.
▪ Perform mathematical calculations as necessary.
▪ Perform other duties as assigned.
Do you have what it takes?
You must have a high school diploma or GED, and a minimum of two years’ experience in manufacturing or warehouse environment. Good written and verbal skills, especially skills in customer service are necessary. Must have basic computer skills. The ideal candidate is motivated and has high energy. Formal forklift training/experience is preferred. Must have the ability to read and understand DOT and FDA required paperwork. Must be able to work outdoors in varying degrees of temperature. Candidate must be able to push, pull, or maneuver weights of up to 100 pounds and lift or carry weights of up to 50 pounds. The ability to perform work during prolonged periods of standing (up to eight hours) is necessary. Frequent bending, stooping, crouching, reaching, grasping, feeling, and repetitive motion is also required.
Join us and you will be part of a company that values and supports your career. We offer competitive pay and benefits, with set schedules, steady work and opportunities for ongoing training and career progression.
Together we value innovation, efficiency and flexibility. Putting safety first, working with integrity and respect, we encourage everyone to find solutions for success. That means for our customers and for our colleagues. This makes us a great place to build a career where your skills are valued and developed.
Apply today @ http://www.the-linde-group.com/en/careers/index.htm
Linde is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Company provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran or disabled status or any legally recognized status entitled to protection under applicable federal, state, or local laws.