- Performs Field Service Interventions for Customers. Work includes start-ups, commissionings, repairs and troubleshooting. Mechanical repair of turbo expanders. Deals with Distribution and Process equipment. Cylinder fill plants and Air Separation plants are the main customer base.
- Repair of cryogenic pump and turbo-expanders. Evaluate condition, recognizing parts needed for replacement according to drawings and parts list. Parts cleaning and reassembly while following company policies, processes and procedures.
- Performs mechanical repairs on centrifugal pumps, piston pumps and expanders
- Routine shop maintenance.
- Checks parts against evaluation and ensures proper parts are ordered and received.
- Notifies supervisor of any difficulties or problems that may prevent a quality job from being performed or cause a change in the promised time.
- Maintains tools and equipment in a proper state of repair.
- Maintains and wears all required safety and health personal protective equipment.
- Performs all duties in a safe manner in compliance with all local, state, and federal regulations and company policies.
- Professional interaction with internal and external customers.
- Maintains a positive work atmosphere by performing and communicating in a manner that promotes good relationships with customers, clients, co-workers, and management.
- Cooperates and assists other personnel in the repair and other areas.
- Performs all preventative maintenance duties to equipment. Follows the maintenance schedule.
- Performs other in-house duties as assigned.
- Tracks daily work hours via internal time management system.
- Travels to Customer sites to perform field service work for distribution and process equipment. Including outside the U.S.
- Performs commissioning of newly installed equipment for piston and centrifugal pumps.
- Performs troubleshooting of mechanical equipment and components for pumps.
- Troubleshooting of process and operational related problems for pumps.
- Communicates with customer to organize site action plan. Coordinates any outside repair facility. (machine shop, motor repair and balancing shops)
- Supervision of support staff; cranes operators, on-site staff and other millwrights.
- Ensure process conditions are within equipment’s equipment manufactured limits.
- Measures pump performance to maximize operability.
- Train customers to properly repair and service pumps, expanders and compressors.
- Electro-mechanical trade school or Associate’s degree
- 5 years of experience in technical field (recommended)
- Experience with rotating industrial equipment
Required critical behaviours (suggest ca. 9)
- Communications Skills, verbal and written
- Analytical thinker
- Attention to detail
- Ability to direct skilled and unskilled personnel (on-site millwright)
- Great organizational capability
- Ability to Multi-task
- Ability to prioritize and plan based on needs
Required key skills (functional/technical)
- Knowledge of mechanical systems and equipment
- Good computer skills (Microsoft and similar)
- Understanding of rotating equipment
- Understanding of oxygen cleaning process
- Ability to read blue-prints(mechanical and electrical)
- Proficient Mechanical/Electrical Skills
- Knowledge of cryogenic equipment
- Ability to use measurement devices
- Proficient with the use of instrumentation
- Understanding of PLC’s
- Proficient understanding of labyrinth and gas seal systems
- Proficient in the use of speed sensing devices
- Proficient in the use of vibration sensing devices