The Linde Group is known as one of the world leaders in gases, engineering and healthcare. We operate in more than 100 countries across the globe and generated revenue of 17.9 billion euro in 2015. But what makes us great is our people because they make great things happen.
Linde employees take pride in what they do because they know it makes a real difference to our customers. They are empowered to turn a challenge into an opportunity to learn and grow. This is how they take the lead, every day.
Linde is currently seeking a Buyer to join the team in the Butler, PA area.
Purpose of the Position:
·Develop and execute strategies for the purchase of indirect products and services which result in lowest total cost
· Maintain the integrity of the Purchasing system by securing acknowledgements from all suppliers and to follow up / update all deviations from placed Purchase Orders.
Execute negotiations for supply contracts that develop strategic supplier relationships resulting in overall lower costs with respect to IM Products and services, Courier Services, Road Freight, Offices Supplies and Equipment and other indirect products and services as identified.
· Proactive identification and execution of improvement opportunities for the supply of indirect products and services to Linde by broadening the suppliers’ base.
· Support specific business objectives or projects with respect to sourcing strategy, request for information / quotation process, identifying qualified suppliers, customer interfaces, overall SM process.
· Hard goods purchase orders p acknowledgement, follow up and correction
· Non-conforming invoice and or product follow up and correction
· Manage the Requisition to Purchase Order process in accordance with established policies, controls and procedures.
· Timely response to vendors’ questions and field personnel to identify preferred paymet method and to assist in questions related to SAP and/or SRM
· Identify issues root cause and propose solutions when invoice and Purchase Orders don’t match.
· Ensure purchase order is consistent with buyer/seller contractual obligations.
· Provide training to all internal clients in the requisition to pay process.
· Continually asses supplier’s performance for improvement purposes
· Analyze data to assist in compliance reporting.
· Support internal and external audits.
· Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or Engineering
· Minimum 3 Years Procurement or Supply Chain Management
· Very strong technically: sourcing process, IT systems
· Specific knowledge in Accounts Payable (BancTec), SAP, SRM
· Intermediate or advance skillset in Microsoft excel and Power Point
· Must be able to prioritize workload with minimum supervision
· Strong focus in customer services.
· Able to work across all functions and levels of an organization
· Solid interpersonal skills.
· Strong listening, verbal and written communication skills.
· Excellent analytical and independent thinking
· Team work and collaboration