Operation Technician II
Are you ready to take the lead?
The Linde Group, is one of the world leaders in gases, engineering and healthcare. We operate in more than 100 countries across the globe and generated revenue of $20.13B in 2017. But what makes us great is our people, because they make great things happen. Guided by integrity, Linde employees take pride in what they do, because they know it makes a real difference to our customers. They are empowered to turn a challenge into an opportunity to learn and grow. This is how they take the lead, every day.
At The Linde Group we identify ourselves with our products – either working for the technical or medical gases business. Being a company with a long tradition in the gases business, we not only care about our customers and high quality products, but most importantly about our employees. While working with us, expect a safe workplace, high safety standards and a true commitment from our managers to safety.
-Understand and adhere to company safe work policies.
-Follow Lone Worker Requirements.
-Promote a safe work environment.
-Report safety incidents and near misses.
-Report any unsafe conditions, environmental concerns and process problems to management immediately.
-Contribute to the improvement of the Safety, Health, Environment and Quality programs.
-Apply the HWP process, LOTO and energy isolation procedures as required for company and contractor personnel.
-Follow EMOC procedure for all changes to process and operating procedures.
-Maintain site security.
-Diligently perform requirements to maintain compliance to Environmental Regulations.
-Maintain site orderliness.
-Perform safety indoctrinations for contractors.
-Utilize Computerized Maintenance Management System (SAP) to execute, document and continuously improve equipment preventative and corrective maintenance strategy.
-Support Cluster Zone Production Manager, Utilize Web Audit Manager and Synergy to execute, document all corrective actions issued to the site from Audits and Incidents review (when applicable).
-Collect and interpret trends in equipment condition monitoring data.
-Maintain plant spares inventory and raise gaps to management attention.
-Follow work instructions and annotate with feedback.
-Perform and document process and product analyzers calibration checks.
-Set up and safely operate all tools and equipment necessary to perform assigned work.
▪ Process Operation and Efficiency
-Perform Shutdowns, Start-ups, and production slate changes for plant(s) in area.
-Monitor key process variables and maintain plant(s) in efficient steady state operation.
-Troubleshoot process problems to identify equipment requiring maintenance.
-Respond to ECOVAR plants as required.
-Understand boiler water treatment chemistry and perform water treatment tasks.
▪ Administrative and Managerial
-Follow all Quality Control requirements to ensure a quality product is delivered to Lindes customers. Meet FDA requirements where applicable.
-Document in plant logbook date and time of all machinery start/stops, analyzer calibrations, process upsets, product losses, customer complaints, or any other major event(s).
-Maintain open continuous line of communication with manager.
Complete required SHEQ site and equipment inspection forms.
-Maintain orderly and clean work area and vehicle.
-Direct and monitor contractors.
-Maintain production logs, perform data entry into SAP system.
-Lead and participate in operations and safety meetings.
-Participate in safety committee activities as required drill planning, energy isolation reviews, etc.
-Complete all training activities according to schedule and meet annual performance goals.
-Support entry level technicians through coaching and mentoring.
-Check business email daily.
-Lead Plant tours.
-Accept On call duty and overtime as required.
-Effectively prioritize and schedule all work activities.
-Support sites outside of the home Area as required.
-Support plant and equipment commissioning activities.
-Mark-up engineering drawings to document changes or disparities.
-Identify cost effective solutions, follow company purchasing procedure and spending limitations.
-Manage purchase card for local requirements including transaction allocation and invoice tracking as necessary.
▪ Associate's Degree or certificate in a technical discipline or recent military training in a technical field.
▪ Minimum 5 years' experience in a related process plant operations and reliability activity.
▪ Valid driver's license with good record.
▪ Math - basic algebra, fractions/percentages, unit conversion.
▪ Personal computer proficiency (Internet, word processing, spreadsheets), and other software used by the company.
▪ Strong interpersonal abilities to support team philosophy and strategy.
▪ Strong interpersonal abilities to support mentoring/coaching activities.
▪ Strong organizational ability.
▪ Able to work alone.
▪ High mechanical aptitude and ability to work with simple mechanics hand tools.
▪ Comprehensive knowledge of applicable chemical manufacturing process and hazards within area or site.
▪ Familiar with all process equipment and function.
▪ Understanding of electrical hazards and safety, and ability to troubleshoot electrical systems, with support from central engineering.
▪ Basic understanding of pneumatically actuated valves and control systems.
▪ Understanding of all trip and interlock logic protecting people and equipment.
▪ Ability to interpret engineering drawings including P&IDs, PFDs.
▪ Ability to interpret electrical drawings including Single line diagrams.
▪ Able to navigate LiMSS to find relevant work instructions, forms and supporting documentation.
▪ Able to complete all preventative maintenance jobs according to best practice.
▪ Capable of operating a forklift, and/or overhead crane, and/or man lift according to company policy (LOCATION DEPENDENT).
Linde offers excellent salaries, world-class benefits, and unparalleled opportunities for development all to create an invigorating and satisfying environment.
Join a World Leading Team Today!
For IMMEDIATE consideration, APPLY NOW!
Linde is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, familial status, family responsibilities, matriculation, political affiliation, genetic information, veteran status, disability, source of income, status as a victim of an intra-family offense, and place of residence or business.