This position acts as the Chief Mechanical Engineer for Rotating Equipment in O&PD. This position in the O&PD Project Organization will be responsible for all facets of ASU/CO2 and HYCO project execution as it relates to rotating machinery engineering, specification, selection, erection, commissioning and trouble shooting including detailed design. The role involves detailed audits of the aforementioned machinery selection and active oversight of field activities on a global basis serving all Americas.
· Responsible for execution and support of rotating machinery and auxiliary systems (lube oil systems, heat exchangers, filtration equipment, silencers, etc.). Air, nitrogen oxygen, Natural Gas and Hydrogen are most typical compression services. Responsibilities with other equipment includes pumping services with cryogenic liquids and high pressure Boiler Feed Water.
· The engineer is expected to communicate and support other project engineers & managers / owner’s engineers and suppliers on a global basis in the specifics of machinery project execution. This includes:
- Ability to select and specify mechanical equipment
- Provide detailed drawing review and feedback to equipment OEM’s
- Critical supplier design audits of major machinery to develop a full understanding of risks associated with machinery designs.
- Ability to follow project from specification process, through design and manufacture, construction and installation, commissioning, and resolution of field issues
- Develop, plan, and implement QA/QC plans related to testing of machinery
- Ability to bring knowledge and experience from plant operating environment to improve best practices
· Support Linde Group with significant operational issues of equipment and provide expert assistance in plant commissioning and troubleshooting.
· Support RBU’s on emergent rotating equipment issues and catastrophic failures. Sufficient experience is necessary to work independently without support of OEM’s.
· Support and execute projects in multiple geographies as the business requires
· Oversee the numerous contract machinery engineering resources that O&PD requires to support our various projects
Linde is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Company provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran or disabled status or any legally recognized status entitled to protection under applicable federal, state, or local laws.