Linde is currently seeking a Transport Mechanic to join the team in the Terrell, TX area. The Transport Mechanic will perform all routine, preventative, corrective and emergency maintenance of Linde Commercial Motor Vehicles in accordance with Linde, local and national regulations and standards.
▪ Understand and adhere to company safe work policies
▪ Promote a safe work environment through use of PPE as required in Linde standards
▪ Report any incident involving equipment damage, near miss, first aid or medical treatment to supervisor immediately
▪ Report any unsafe conditions, environmental concerns and equipment problems to supervisor immediately
▪ Issue and manage hazardous work permits as required for Linde and contractor personnel
▪ Apply Lock Out Tag Out procedures according to Linde standard
▪ Collaborate with Fleet Maintenance and follow EMOC procedure for any change to equipment and/or maintenance procedures
▪ Meet on time Maximo generated truck and trailer work orders at required intervals and complete all documentation
▪ Perform corrective maintenance as identified through Driver Vehicle Inspection Reports (DVIR)
▪ Troubleshoot truck and trailer problems to identify real time maintenance solutions ensuring resources available to meet customer demands
▪ Perform and document product metering device calibration in accordance with Linde requirements
▪ Maintain spare parts inventory through commercial agreements with national vendors and Linde national warehouse
▪ Maintain open continuous line of communication with transport supervisor and drivers
▪ Maintain orderly and clean work area (garage) and vehicle(s)
▪ Participate in group safety meetings and talks
▪ Participate in safety committee activities as required emergency drills, etc
▪ Complete all training activities according to schedule and meet annual performance goals
▪ High School Diploma or GED
▪ Commercial Driver's License (CDL) preferred
▪ Demonstrated Tractor/Trailer maintenance skills
▪ Diagnose and properly repair mechanical, electrical and tire problems on tractors and trailers
▪ High mechanical aptitude and ability to work with simple mechanic's hand tools
▪ Basic understanding of electrical hazards and safety
▪ Basic understanding of cryogenic pumps, vehicle electrical systems
▪ Able to work alone
▪ Familiar with Linde systems (Maximo, OBC)
▪ Able to navigate LiMSS to find relevant work instructions, forms and supporting documentation
▪ Understanding of Linde's Engineering Management Of Change (EMOC) process
▪ Comprehensive knowledge of HWP process, LOTO and energy isolation procedures
The Linde Group is known as one of the world leaders in gases, engineering and healthcare. We operate in more than 100 countries across the globe and generated revenue of 17.9 billion euro in 2015. But what makes us great is our people because they make great things happen. Linde employees take pride in what they do because they know it makes a real difference to our customers. They are empowered to turn a challenge into an opportunity to learn and grow. This is how they take the lead, every day.
Join a World Leading Team Today!
Linde is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Company provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran or disabled status or any legally recognized status entitled to protection under applicable federal, state, or local laws.