Subsidiary Financing & Liquidity Planning Analyst
Are you ready to take the lead?
The Linde Group, is one of the world leaders in gases, engineering and healthcare. We operate in more than 100 countries across the globe and generated revenue of $20.13B in 2017. But what makes us great is our people, because they make great things happen. Guided by integrity, Linde employees take pride in what they do, because they know it makes a real difference to our customers. They are empowered to turn a challenge into an opportunity to learn and grow. This is how they take the lead, every day.
At The Linde Group we identify ourselves with our products – either working for the technical or medical gases business. Being a company with a long tradition in the gases business, we not only care about our customers and high quality products, but most importantly about our employees. While working with us, expect a safe workplace, high safety standards and a true commitment from our managers to safety.
This position will report to the Head of Americas Treasury Hub and will be responsible for the day-to-day and long-term liquidity planning and management of the cash investments/funding and banking product needs of the North and South American operations of The Linde Group and to ensure that the Group standards regarding funding, collateralisation, trade working capital and risk management are supported. This will also include accounting and reporting associated with the above, transfer of best practices across the region, process improvement and projects implementation.
Countries to cover are: US, Canada, Mexico, Caribbean (Puerto Rico, Dominican, St. Croix) , SAN (Venezuela, Colombia, Ecuador, Aruba & Curacao), SAS (Argentina, Chile, Peru, Uruguay) and Brazil. A total of 16 countries with more USD 3 billion Revenue/yr.
What you will enjoy doing:
· Assist head of treasury in the review of Treasury aspects of capital investment project proposals for The Americas (IC approval). Ensure required funding is in the short/medium and/or Long-term forecasts
· Prepare Buy versus lease analysis. Liaise with Accounting regarding Accounting treatment (classification)
· First point of contact for subsidiaries and JV’s in The Americas for matters associated with funding and collateralization
· Assist head of treasury in the design and implementation of funding arrangements by means of intercompany or external bank loans for capex projects, M&A transactions, working capital needs; as well as collateralization requirements. Optimization of tax, legal and accounting implications
· Develop funding recommendations, arranging funding, review and negotiation of documentation and execution of funding transactions
· Negotiation of external loan and guarantee facility agreements with selected banks
· Establishment of collateralization arrangements through negotiation of bank guarantee facilities and internal company guarantees
· Manage and control Collateralization activities (Letter of credit, bonds, Parental guarantees)
· Identification and evaluation of foreign exchange risks during construction and operations of new investment projects and analysis of hedging options (liaise with Financial Markets analyst on hedging options/strategies)
· Provide training and advice to in-country colleagues on Treasury issues
· Identification of political risk exposure and obtain insurance coverage where appropriate
· Advise on M&A, re-the company's acquisition activities - integrate the treasury functions of an acquire
· Ensure compliance with Company policies
· Review company Financial statements - provides financial statements to required vendors. Banks and manage queries
· Work with cross-functional teams, including business units, tax and accounting to support broad corporate and Treasury specific initiatives
· Oversees daily, short and long-term liquidity planning
· Prepare daily net cash position report – US and Canada
· Compile information to create on-going short-term cash forecast for investment/funding decision making
· Ensure Liquidity position complies with minimum requirements
· Ensure integrity of monthly close and reporting activities meeting group deadlines
· Prepare daily journal entries involving cash management, loans, deposits
· Prepare monthly reconciliations and analysis of corporate balance sheet accounts
· Assist with external audit/consultant queries
· Provide monthly comments on variances between actuals/forecast in Core - 30 DCUs
· Develop North America Cash Flow (budget and forecast) – 30 companies
Do you have what it takes?
· Broad understanding of corporate funding options and trade financing bank products and appreciation of risk analysis
· Exposure to contract negotiations and appreciation/comfort in implementing legal contracts
· Conceptual understanding of foreign exchange and interest rate hedging instruments
· Efficient analytical, interpretation and problem solving capabilities
· Ability to prioritise workload
· Hands on expert level experience with SAP
· Demonstrates strong understanding or the processes, procedures and issues within their area
Required education: Bachelor Degree in Business, Economics, Mathematics, Natural science or Engineering
Required qualifications: Minimum 5 Years Finance related work experience
· 5+ years of finance related work experience
· Academic degree in business, economics, mathematics, natural science or engineering
· Oral and written fluency in English, (Spanish an advantage)
· Strong organizational and time management skills, ability to meet deadlines
· Proficiency using, accounting systems software, Microsoft Excel, Word, PP
Required Critical Behaviours
· Ability to communicate effectively across multiple levels (internal and external)
· Strong and engaging presence capable of quickly establishing credibility and influencing others
· Self motivated, strong work ethic, process driven
· Able to initiate and drive fundamental change with positive and high impact results
· Ability to operate independently and collaboratively within a team
· Ability to demonstrate strong initiative and willingness to assume demanding workload in a dynamic environment
· Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
Join us and you will be part of a company that values and supports your career. We offer competitive pay and benefits, with set schedules, steady work and opportunities for ongoing training and career progression.
Together we value innovation, efficiency and flexibility. Putting safety first, working with integrity and respect, we encourage everyone to find solutions for success. That means for our customers and for our colleagues. This makes us a great place to build a career where your skills are valued and developed.
Apply today @ https://uscareers-lgamericas.icims.com
Linde is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Company provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran or disabled status or any legally recognized status entitled to protection under applicable federal, state, or local laws