Operations Technician I
Are you ready to take the lead?
The Linde Group, is one of the world leaders in gases, engineering and healthcare. We operate in more than 100 countries across the globe and generated revenue of $20.13B in 2018. But what makes us great is our people, because they make great things happen. Guided by integrity, Linde employees take pride in what they do, because they know it makes a real difference to our customers. They are empowered to turn a challenge into an opportunity to learn and grow. This is how they take the lead, every day.
At The Linde Group we identify ourselves with our products – either working for the technical or medical gases business. Being a company with a long tradition in the gases business, we not only care about our customers and high quality products, but most importantly about our employees. While working with us, expect a safe workplace, high safety standards and a true commitment from our managers to safety.
Linde is currently seeking an Operations Technician I to join the team at the Davenport, IA cryogenic distillation air separation plant.
Purpose of the Position:
▪ The position will be responsible for sharing operations, maintenance, and administrative duties for an industrial plant with valves, pumps, compressors, cooling tower, electrical equipment, water treatment and process analyzers.
▪ The position is normally Monday-Friday day shift, but will rotate on call responsibilities for nights and weekends with the other operator.
▪ Must be able to work nights and weekends during outages or plant upsets to assist with bringing the plant back online.
▪ Associate's Degree or certificate in a technical discipline or recent military training in a technical field.
▪ Minimum of 1 year work experience, experience in an industrial plant in the operations or maintenance departments is preferable.
▪ Valid driver's license with good record.
▪ Math – basic algebra, fractions/percentages, unit conversion.
▪ Personal computer proficiency (Internet, word processing, spreadsheets), and other software used by the company.
▪ Strong interpersonal abilities to support team philosophy and strategy.
▪ Strong organizational ability.
▪ Able to work alone.
▪ High mechanical aptitude and ability to work with simple mechanic’s hand tools.
▪ Knowledge of steam methane reforming process and hazards within area or site.
▪ Familiar with all process equipment and function.
▪ Understanding of electrical hazards and safety.
▪ Basic understanding of pneumatically actuated valves and control systems.
▪ Ability to interpret engineering drawings including P&IDs, PFDs.
▪ Able to navigate LiMSS to find relevant work instructions, forms and supporting documentation.
▪ Able to complete all preventative maintenance jobs according to best practice.
▪ Capable of operating a forklift, and/or overhead crane, and/or man lift according to company policy (LOCATION DEPENDENT).
▪ Reside within a reasonable distance of plant 30-45 min recommended.
Linde offers excellent salaries, world-class benefits, and unparalleled opportunities for development – all to create an invigorating and satisfying environment.
Join a World Leading Team Today!
Linde is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Company provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran or disabled status or any legally recognized status entitled to protection under applicable federal, state, or local laws.