Cylinder Filler / Back-up Driver
Are you ready to take the lead?
The Linde Group, is one of the world leaders in gases, engineering and healthcare. We operate in more than 100 countries across the globe and generated revenue of $20.13B in 2018. But what makes us great is our people, because they make great things happen. Guided by integrity, Linde employees take pride in what they do, because they know it makes a real difference to our customers. They are empowered to turn a challenge into an opportunity to learn and grow. This is how they take the lead, every day.
At The Linde Group we identify ourselves with our products – either working for the technical or medical gases business. Being a company with a long tradition in the gases business, we not only care about our customers and high quality products, but most importantly about our employees. While working with us, expect a safe workplace, high safety standards and a true commitment from our managers to safety.
What you will enjoy doing:
Primarily, Under the Supervision of Plant Manager, will process gas orders in a safe and efficient manner for timely delivery to our customers. Must be able to work effectively in a team environment with a minimum of supervision and must maintain a positive working relationship with customers and employees. On Occasion, the Filler with a DOT certification of Class B or A with Hazmat endorsement will drive a straight truck loaded with medical compressed gas cylinders and medical liquid cylinders to deliver to customers on scheduled route. Customers may include patient’s homes, physicians, labs, vets, hospitals and/or any other entity requiring medical gas.
• Clearly understands and follows ALL Linde Safety Policies including but not limited to proper PPE, proper lifting techniques, and local site safety requirements.
• Has understanding of basic GMP’s and Quality Control concepts and practices.
• Count all incoming cylinders.
• Load/unload trucks on a daily basis.
• Pull cylinders and verify lot numbers as required.
• Examine returned cylinders for surface defects such as dents, cracks, or burns and transports cylinders to designated work area.
• Ability to recognize and detect test and defective cylinders and properly separate them from production in identified quarantine areas.
• Remove any and all old labels and clean cylinders using approved cleaning solution.
• Safely operate a forklift to load and unload trucks and gather stock from the warehouse.
• Follows Linde procedures for safe handling, storing, securing and proper nesting of cylinders.
• Receive all goods according to standard written procedures; documenting all incoming shipments, checking shipments against purchase orders and verifying contents of shipments against packing slips in accordance with Linde procedures..
• Inspect valves for correct CGA connection and pressure relief device.
• Connect cylinders to manifold, open valves to draw off residual gas and evacuate cylinders.
• Understands and inspects fill manifold for proper operation prior to filling or connecting cylinder. Understands the need to bring up issues with local management if system is not functioning properly or if there are questions surrounding the operation.
• Reviews and documents proper thermometer, gauge and analytical equipment calibrations and ensures all equipment is properly calibrated and within established guidelines for frequency.
• Inspect cylinder labels to assure they are legible, compliant with current federal requirements and correct for the service intended; replace if damaged
• Fill cylinders in accordance with specific guidelines whether by pressure or weight, as appropriate. Weigh cylinders filled with liquid products on platform scale and record weight.
• Test cylinders for leaks by brushing or spraying chemical solution around valve. Record all necessary documentation and set a cylinder aside for settled pressure checks.
• Operate and safely maintain equipment for pumping or repackaging gases into cylinders.
• Perform all required pre-fill and post-fill inspections and tests before cylinders are released.
• Ensure cylinders are adequately maintained. Cylinders requiring maintenance or repair are removed from service until corrected.
• Regularly inspect and maintain pumping apparatus and associated monitoring devices.
• Ensure cylinder filling records are accurately maintained and that all required
procedures are followed in accordance with local, state and federal regulations.
• Safely operate a forklift and hand truck
When performing Medical Route driving:
• Work in accordance with all DOT and Linde standards and policies including but not limited to Speed Management, Seat Belts, Cones and Hours of Service
• Drives a straight truck loaded with medical compressed gas cylinders and medical
liquid vessels for delivery to customers on a scheduled route. Customers may include medical patients in their homes, physicians’ offices, laboratories, veterinarians, hospitals and/or any other entity requiring medical gas.
• Record each delivery and pick up on a load manifest and obtain signatures from customers to comply with all regulatory requirements
• Listen to and resolve service inquiries and complaints/issues.
• Perform pre and post trip vehicle inspections, document deficiencies and ensure all safety items are in good working order.
• Communicate with customers; providing information on ordering, delivery times, and maintaining proper cylinder levels.
• Gain comfort level for communicating with, and going in and out of the homes of, medical patients.
Do you have what it takes?
You must have a high school diploma or GED, and a minimum of two years’ experience in manufacturing or warehouse environment. Also, you must have commercial driving experience including 3 years with a Class A or B license and a HazMat endorsement. Good written and verbal skills, especially skills in customer service are necessary. Must have basic computer skills. The ideal candidate is motivated and has high energy. Formal forklift training/experience is preferred. Must have the ability to read and understand DOT and FDA required paperwork. Must be able to work outdoors in varying degrees of temperature. Candidate must be able to push, pull, or maneuver weights of up to 100 pounds and lift or carry weights of up to 50 pounds. The ability to perform work during prolonged periods of standing (up to eight hours) is necessary. Frequent bending, stooping, crouching, reaching, grasping, feeling, and repetitive motion is also required.
Join us and you will be part of a company that values and supports your career. We offer competitive pay and benefits, with set schedules, steady work and opportunities for ongoing training and career progression.
Together we value innovation, efficiency and flexibility. Putting safety first, working with integrity and respect, we encourage everyone to find solutions for success. That means for our customers and for our colleagues. This makes us a great place to build a career where your skills are valued and developed.
Apply today @ https://uscareers-linde.icims.com
Linde is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Company provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran or disabled status or any legally recognized status entitled to protection under applicable federal, state, or local laws.