Instrument Technician I HyCO SMR
Are you ready to take the lead?
The Linde Group, is one of the world leaders in gases, engineering and healthcare. We operate in more than 100 countries across the globe and generated revenue of $20.13B in 2018. But what makes us great is our people, because they make great things happen. Guided by integrity, Linde employees take pride in what they do, because they know it makes a real difference to our customers. They are empowered to turn a challenge into an opportunity to learn and grow. This is how they take the lead, every day.
At The Linde Group we identify ourselves with our products – either working for the technical or medical gases business. Being a company with a long tradition in the gases business, we not only care about our customers and high quality products, but most importantly about our employees. While working with us, expect a safe workplace, high safety standards and a true commitment from our managers to safety.
Linde is currently seeking an Instrumentation Technician I HyCO SMR to join the team in the Oregon, Ohio area.
Purpose of the Position:
Role will maintain and troubleshoot instrumentation, electrical and mechanical machine and process control systems, to maximize reliability and process efficiency, while acting in a safe and fiscally responsible manner.
- Understand and adhere to company safe work policies.
- Follow Lone Worker Requirements.
- Promote a safe work environment.
- Report safety incidents and near misses.
- Report any unsafe conditions, environmental concerns and process problems to management immediately.
- Contribute to the improvement of the Safety, Health, Environment and Quality programs.
- Apply the HWP process, LOTO and energy isolation procedures as required for company and contractor personnel.
- Follow EMOC procedure for all changes to process and operating procedures.
- Diligently perform requirements to maintain compliance to Environmental Regulations.
- Maintain site orderliness.
- Perform safety indoctrinations for contractors.
- Utilize Computerized Maintenance Management System to execute, document and continuously improve equipment preventative and corrective maintenance strategy.
- Support Area Manager, Utilize Web Audit Manager and Synergy to execute, document all corrective actions issued to the sites from Audits and Incidents review (when applicable).
- Maintain plant spares inventory and raise gaps to management attention.
- Follow work instructions and annotate with feedback.
- Calibration, configuration, or replacement of field instrumentation devices.
- Perform and document process and product analyzers calibration checks.
- Efficiently troubleshoot and repair electrical equipment control circuits.
- Efficiently troubleshoot and repair process control equipment.
- Set up and safely operate all tools and equipment necessary to perform assigned work.
- Functionally test or troubleshoot instrument or electrical control loops through to field devices to verify proper operation.
- Calibrate custody meters and manage documentation.
- Effectively prioritize and schedule all work activities.
Process Operation and Efficiency
- Assist Shutdowns, Start-ups, and production slate changes for plant(s) in Area.
Administrative and Managerial
- Follow all Quality Control requirements to ensure product quality is delivered to Linde's customers. Meet FDA requirements where applicable.
- Maintain a Shutdown and Turnaround work list and schedule, efficiently use downtime.
- Maintain open continuous line of communication with manager.
- Maintain orderly and clean work area and vehicle(s).
- Direct and monitor contractors.
- Lead and participate in operations and safety meetings.
- Participate in safety committee meetings as required - drill planning, energy isolation reviews, etc.
- Complete all training activities according to schedule and meet annual performance goals.
- Check business email daily.
- Accept On call duty and overtime as required.
- Effectively prioritize and schedule all work activities.
- Organize, maintain and document calibration of metrological equipment.
- Support sites outside of the home area as required.
- Support plant and equipment commissioning activities.
- Mark up engineering drawings to document changes or disparities.
- Identify cost effective solutions, follow company purchasing procedure and spending limitations.
- Associate's Degree or certificate in instrumentation, industrial control / automation or related technical discipline
- Minimum of 1 year experience - preferably in an industrial plant in the operations or maintenance departments
- Math - basic algebra, fractions/percentages, unit conversion.
- Personal computer proficiency (Internet, word processing, spreadsheets), and other software used by the company.
- Strong interpersonal abilities to support team philosophy and strategy.
- Strong organizational ability.
- Able to work alone.
- High mechanical aptitude and ability to work with simple mechanic's hand tools.
- Familiar with codes and standards associated with wiring and conduit.
- Knowledge of applicable chemical manufacturing process and hazards within area or site.
- Familiar with all process equipment and function.
- Understanding of electrical hazards and safety, and ability to troubleshoot electrical systems, with support from central engineering.
- Knowledge of and ability to troubleshoot 4-20mA transmitter and electro-pneumatic control loops.
- Knowledge of and ability to troubleshoot pneumatic control systems consisting of I/Ps, solenoid valves, quick exhausts, actuators, regulators and proportional / integral controllers both stand alone and cascaded.
- Knowledge and ability to troubleshoot industrial refrigeration skids.
- Knowledge and ability to troubleshoot machinery vibration monitoring systems.
- Understanding of all trip and interlock logic protecting people and equipment.
- Knowledge of and ability to learn control system architectures including hardware set up, and software configuration.
- Ability to interpret engineering drawings including P&IDs, PFDs.
- Ability to interpret electrical drawings including Single Line diagrams.
- Able to navigate LiMSS to find relevant work instructions, forms and supporting documentation.
- Able to complete all preventative maintenance jobs according to best practice.
- Capable of operating a forklift, and / or overhead crane, and / or manlift according to company policy (LOCATION DEPENDENT).
- Reside within a reasonable distance of plant, 30-45 min recommended.
Linde offers excellent salaries, world-class benefits, and unparalleled opportunities for development – all to create an invigorating and satisfying environment.
Join a World Leading Team Today!
Linde is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Company provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran or disabled status or any legally recognized status entitled to protection under applicable federal, state, or local laws.