Controls Engineer – EG&SP
Are you ready to take the lead?
The Linde Group, is one of the world leaders in gases, engineering and healthcare. We operate in more than 100 countries across the globe and generated revenue of $20.13B in 2018. But what makes us great is our people, because they make great things happen. Guided by integrity, Linde employees take pride in what they do, because they know it makes a real difference to our customers. They are empowered to turn a challenge into an opportunity to learn and grow. This is how they take the lead, every day.
At The Linde Group we identify ourselves with our products – either working for the technical or medical gases business. Being a company with a long tradition in the gases business, we not only care about our customers and high quality products, but most importantly about our employees. While working with us, expect a safe workplace, high safety standards and a true commitment from our managers to safety.
What you will enjoy doing
▪ Visibly and substantially support the Linde Safety Culture through proactive engagement and by making safety a part of every decision.
▪ Integrate safe design concepts in all products and projects ▪ Ensure all new products are introduced according to Linde’s Product Stewardship program
▪ Individual technical contributor to identify, develop, design and implement improved operating and control strategies to achieve productivity targets.
▪ Execute instrumentation, process control and automation projects. Lead activities involving system design, configuration, testing, cutover, and start-up. Work closely with other disciplines such as process engineering, project execution, operations, maintenance, etc for executing projects.
▪ Ensure compliance with local, regulatory, corporate and business standards for system hardware and software.
▪ Support day to day Process Control activities at plants, as assigned, such as making program changes to improve asset capability, assist in troubleshooting control system problems, adding simple capabilities, etc.
▪ Train and mentor engineers and maintenance technicians who have process control / automation responsibilities.
▪ Ensure internal standards for contracted engineering companies for instrumentation and process control /automation activities are followed as appropriate.
▪ Provide feedback to management on contracted engineering.
Do you have what it takes?
▪ Bachelor's degree, Electrical or Chemical Engineering
▪ Minimum of 5 years experience in chemical and/or gases process controls and automation
▪ The Controls Engineer has a proven track record of designing and installing controls and automation in facilities that manufacture chemical products.
Areas of expertise include:
System integration(machine automation, operator/machine interface, data integration and management) of gas chemical manufacturing technology (reactor systems, purification systems, general gas handling systems, waste abatement systems)
Chemical manufacturing facilities regulations, design, permitting, and construction. o Equipment maintenance and reliability
▪ Proven track record of safety leadership
▪ PLC Hardware: Siemens, DirectLogic, Modicon, Allen Bradley
▪ PLC Programming: Step 7, DirectSoft, Concept, RSLogix 5000
▪ HMI Software: WinCC, GE IFIX, Iconics, Wonderware
▪ Experience in technical interactions with internal customers
▪ Experience working in a Matrix Environment
▪ PLC programming. (Siemens, Allen Bradley, Modicom)(Wonderware, Labview)
▪ HMI screen design o Integration testing and commissioning o Ability to train operators.
▪ Process engineering - familiarity with P&IDs, basic chemical and mechanical processes and control interfaces
▪ Understanding of chemistry, gas processes, and cryogenic processes o Working understanding of project management and execution
▪ Ability to interact and communicate with technical peers
▪ Ability to create concise and logical technical summary documents
▪ Working knowledge of risk reduction tools such as LOPA, fault tree, FMEA, etc.
▪ Self Motivated and Performance Oriented
▪ Passionate about safety o Ability to work effectively in matrix environment
▪ Effective written and oral communications
Join us and you will be part of a company that values and supports your career. We offer competitive pay and benefits, with set schedules, steady work and opportunities for ongoing training and career progression.
Together we value innovation, efficiency and flexibility. Putting safety first, working with integrity and respect, we encourage everyone to find solutions for success. That means for our customers and for our colleagues. This makes us a great place to build a career where your skills are valued and developed.
Apply today @ https://uscareers-lgamericas.icims.com
Linde is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Company provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran or disabled status or any legally recognized status entitled to protection under applicable federal, state, or local laws