PrincipaI Electrical Engineer
Are you ready to take the lead?
The Linde Group, is one of the world leaders in gases, engineering and healthcare. We operate in more than 100 countries across the globe and generated revenue of $20.13B in 2018. But what makes us great is our people, because they make great things happen. Guided by integrity, Linde employees take pride in what they do, because they know it makes a real difference to our customers. They are empowered to turn a challenge into an opportunity to learn and grow. This is how they take the lead, every day.
At The Linde Group we identify ourselves with our products – either working for the technical or medical gases business. Being a company with a long tradition in the gases business, we not only care about our customers and high quality products, but most importantly about our employees. While working with us, expect a safe workplace, high safety standards and a true commitment from our managers to safety.
Confer with engineers, customers, and others to discuss existing or potential engineering projects.
• Design, implement, and improve electrical facilities and systems for proposals, projects, and existing plants.
• Operate computer-assisted engineering and design software and equipment to perform engineering tasks.
• Direct and coordinate construction, installation, maintenance, support, documentation, and testing activities to ensure compliance with specifications, codes, and customer requirements.
• Perform detailed calculations to compute and establish construction and installation standards and specifications.
• Plan and implement methodologies and procedures to apply principles of electrical theory to engineering projects.
• Prepare specifications for purchase of materials and equipment and/or the solicitations of labor.
• Supervise and train project team members as necessary.
• Oversee project construction efforts to assure projects are completed satisfactorily, on time and within budget.
• Prepare and study technical drawings, specifications of electrical systems, and topographical maps to ensure that installation and operations conform to standards and customer requirements.
• Investigate customer complaints, determine nature and extent of problem, and recommend remedial measures.
• Assist in developing capital project programs for new equipment and major repairs.
• Develop budgets, estimate labor, material, and construction costs.
• Compile data and write reports regarding existing and potential engineering studies and projects.
• Conduct field surveys and study maps, graphs, diagrams, and other data to identify and correct power system problems.
• Maintain a high level of integrity and discipline with a strong work ethic.
— Minimum 15 years experience (at least five years in an operations environment) in industrial process plant power distribution, including high voltage large motor start schemes, related controls and protection devices
— Strong technical background and troubleshooting experience in electrical short circuit analysis, relay protection settings & coordination, power quality analysis, high voltage motor starting schemes and analysis, hazardous area classification and lightning protection.
— General expertise desirable in large high voltage motors
— Electrical engineering degree required. Professional qualifications and licensing required.
— Good knowledge of the National Electrical Code
— Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering or similar field
— Previous work experience in electrical engineering or related position
— Proficient in the use of AutoCAD or other computer-aided design software applications
— Ability to write clearly about highly technical subject matter
— Thorough understanding of electronic systems and component materials
— Capacity to analyze a problem from multiple perspectives and explore creative solutions
— Strong project management skills
— Strong application engineering skills
— Excellent oral and written communication skills
— Strong technical, industry specific expertise, and professional affiliations
— Strong analytical and quantitative skills
— Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
— High attention to detail with a desire for excellence